The business was originally founded in 2008 to give mortgage buyers, individual and corporate borrowers alike, a better mortgage opportunity. By then, the business has had considerable capital investment and has allowed borrowers to loan almost £1.5 billion to circa 3,000 properties across the UK in 120 cities and towns.
LendInvest is governed by the UK Financial Conduct Authority. In 2015, the organization was the first to be monitored by a European credit rating agency.
What do I need to be eligible for funding?
- Funding is given to borrowers who need short-term to medium-term cash for a minimum of £75,000.
- Borrowers need a good credit rating in order to obtain underwriting approval.
Is a fee charged at Lendinvest?
- There is no exit fee.
- Lendinvest will assist with the payments of VAT.
- Fees for each type of loan are different.
Is Lendinvest regulated?
LendInvest Funds Management Limited is a limited company situated in England and Wales, No. 07667749, FCA No. 624223 as a small approved alternative investment fund manager and registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, registration number ZA179467.
- Loans covered by first property charges
- Profitable company (£616,000 Net profit 2018-2019 fiscal year)/financial stability
- Big company with a wide range of other company arms
- Transparent data/publishes the loan book and lender-borrower spreads
- £50,000 of feasible FSCS protection for mismanagement or misuse of Lendinvest loans
- £1.7 billion+ Small Default Lent
- Reasonable loan-to-value for loans/from 28 to 75%
- Auto-reinvest a minimum of £1
- No peer-to-peer loans. Loan contracts are between lenders and Lendinvest, rather than directly with borrowers
- No secondary market to exit loans
- The advertised FSCS protection could be understood the wrong way
- Many loans are very high (for example, a loan of £ 6 m is in default)
- Money deposited with a debit card can not be withdrawn for ninety days
- Lower interest returns on bridging loans/is the cost vs. return worth it?
- No access to valuation documents/heavy dependency on due diligence by Lendinvest
LendInvest main features and highlights
- Property Finance